Safety Risk Assessment – Safety Statements – Construction Safety – Ergonomic Consultation – Audits – Inspections
Cor Na Habhann Safety Ltd cover all Irish workplaces such as Engineering, Construction, Quarry, Chemical/Pharmaceutical, Public sector, Healthcare, Telecommunication and the Food/Hygiene etc. Our consultancy services involve several aspects from advising customers on their current legislative requirements to development of legislative documents.
We provide a range of consultancy services as below:
- Carryout Role of Project Supervisor Design Stage (PSDP) and Project Supervisor Construction Stage (PSCS) within the Construction Industry.
- Provide advice on Health and Safety Legislations, Regulations, Codes of Practices and Guidelines on a retained service to include outside normal business hours advice.
- Development and Communications of Specific Method Statements
- Carry out Risk Assessments
- Development and implementation of Safety Statements.
- Development and implementation of Health and Safety Plans
- Development and implementation of Emergency Planning
- Carry out Safety Audits and Safety Inspections relevant to that industry.
- Carry out Near Miss / Incident / Accident Investigations.
- Act on behalf of clients in consultation with external agencies (Local Authorities, Gardai, Ambulance Services, Fire and Rescue Services, Security Services, ESB, Bord Gais, Eircom, Health and Safety Authority and other contractors associated with the clients).
- Viewing drawings and preparing preliminary construction site safety plans.
- Develop Construction stage Health and Safety plans.
- Carry out risk assessments and inspections prior to and during construction stage.
- Induct, train and manage sub contractors on site.
- Examine the role and responsibilities of the client, designer and contractor(s).
- Carry out training in Toolbox talks, Plant and Machinery.
- Development and implementation of training programmes specific to client’s requirements.
Accidents at work are most common in the construction industry and small business owners cannot afford a full-time health and safety manager. At COR NA HABHANN SAFETY LTD our health and safety consultant provide advice and documentation for your business. Our competent and professional consultants will enable your company to comply with current health and safety legislation.
Ergonomics is the interaction concerning humans to the design of objects, equipment and environment. Ergonomics comes into everything which involves people. Work systems, sports and leisure, health and safety should all embody ergonomic principles if well designed. Ergonomics has a wide application to everyday situations, but there are even more significant implications for efficiency, productivity, safety and health in work settings. For example: Designing equipment and work arrangements to improve work posture and ease the load on the body, thus reducing instances of repetitive strain injury/work related upper limb disorder. Designing work environments, including lighting and heating, to suit the needs of the users and the tasks performed. Ergonomics should be considered when a new workplace is being designed and when new equipment is being selected and installed or when jobs and procedures are being considered. At COR NA HABHANN SAFETY LTD our health and safety consultants advise on ergonomic solutions providing the relevant documentation and assessments.
You must carry out and maintain regular risk assessments under health and safety law whether you are a large business, a small business or a one-person operation. A properly conducted risk assessment helps minimise the possibility of your business harming the environment or those who work in, or visit your business. Our Health and Safety consultant will conduct a full Risk Assessment of your workplace. Hazards will be identified and risks evaluated. After completing an initial risk assessment, it is important to maintain regular checks to ensure your business complies with health and safety requirements. Conducting regular risk assessments may cost more in the short term, as you spend money to improve conditions, but you will protect yourself from the risk of fines or Litigation. We will show you how to make risk management more effective helping you comply with the law and by reducing the likelihood of injury thus improving the efficiency of work which makes good business sense. Our Service Includes:
- Hazard Identification.
- Implement control measures to reduce risk.
- Liaise with client in correct operation of safety management system.
- Conduct periodic reviews of hazards in your operation and advice on interventions to manage risk.
Safety Audits & Inspections
At COR NA HABHANN SAFETY LTD Ltd we provide a comprehensive health and safety auditing service carried out by our health and safety consultants who have experience in a wide range of working environments. Our Consultant can perform a one-off work place inspection or a periodic documented workplace inspection e.g. every three or four months. This report can be used to form the basis of management’s plan to help achieve best practice in relation to health and safety management. COR NA HABHANN SAFETY LTD Consultants work in partnership with your safety representatives to develop an action plan at a schedule which suits you.
SAFETY STATEMENTS SERVICE TO YOUR BUSINESS What is a Safety Statement? A Safety Statement is a company’s documented programme for ensuring the safety, health and welfare of employees while at work also the safety and health of other people who might be at the workplace, including customers, visitors and members of the public. Safety Statements are required by law for all organisations and self-employed under the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005 (section 20). The HSA has the right to publish names and addresses of those subjected to a prohibition notice with High Court Order or a penalty following a court conviction. You are likely to be asked for a copy of your Safety Statement by your Insurance Company (not all will ask for a Safety Statement when taking out a policy but will request it if a claim is made) also Clients, Landlords, Safety Reps, HSA Inspectors and others. Through consultation at the workplace, COR NA HABHANN SAFETY LTD offers this service to produce a rigorous company specific Safety Statement that includes policies specific to that organisation/self-employed person.